cherished canvas

cherished canvas

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Dear Middle School Boy...I Love You!

My Children....Look outward and upward.  Good things are upon you this year.
It's near midnight on the eve before the first day of school.  Three children are asleep.  Our morning will come quickly.   
One of my babies will soon be crawling.  And I'm beginning to swallow that reality.

Another of my babies will be in 4th grade.  Miss Responsible has her morning to-do list ready, clothes laid out for the week, will be awake on her own, be dressed and ready to go.

My eldest baby (yes, he will always be my baby!) will enter MIDDLE SCHOOL!  Yesterday, he was learning to crawl, or so it seems. Tomorrow.  Middle.  School.  When you're a mom, your heart goes wherever your kids go.  So, tomorrow my heart will be going back to middle school.  And, Sweet Child, this is what I want you to know....
 
Be strong.
Cam on a zipline...soaring!
Be courageous.
Do not be afraid.  
Know the Lord is with you wherever you go.  
Open your eyes to those around you.
Choose your friends wisely.
Look outward.  
If someone needs a friend: be one (but you've got to notice first, so keep those eyes open).   
Soar.   
Try.  
Give.
Make the most of each day.
Tomorrow a new chapter begins.  One that's come quicker than I ever thought it would.  One that we embrace as we watch your excitement.  And, yes, whether you like it or not, you WILL find a note from me in your lunch.  I am your mom.  I love you.  I would do anything for you.  And I can't wait to hear about your day.    

"Oh, be careful little eyes what you see.  Oh, be careful little ears what you hear.  For the Father up above is looking down in love.  Oh be careful little eyes what you see and ears what you hear."  I sing this tonight over a little baby that doesn't yet know the meaning, for a 4th grader figuring out her place, and I sing it for a 6th grader entering a new season.  Same song.  Same truth. 

As the clock strikes midnight...here we go! 




No comments:

Post a Comment