cherished canvas

cherished canvas

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tomorrow She Comes

Dear Baby Girl,
On the eve of your arrival, this is what I would tell you:
I can't promise the world is good or kind or gentle.
But our home will be.
I can't promise as you grow that life will be fair.
But our home will be.  
I can't promise sunny skies and days free from bruises.
But you can always come home.
I can't promise life's storms will be diverted as you learn and grow.
But you can always come home. 
I can promise to hold, cherish and adore you.
I can promise to (in all my imperfections and to try to do my best) teach you, and when your butterfly wings expand beyond our home one long day from now your compass will know how to point true north.  That is my prayer. My hope. 
But for now, I anticipate the morning. That first cry.  That first bundle wrapped up and lain in my arms. And we will take it one day at a time.  That's the only guarantee we have.  I trust you in the hands of the One who created you.  The One who is knitting you even now.  The One who knows you.  Loves you.  Sees you.  Holds you.  And...I get to be your mom.  My. Heart. Leaps.  In 12 hours, you'll be in my arms. Your cozy, warm cocoon will turn into a full, loving nest...a home to be adored beyond words. We wait with open arms!
We Love You,
Mom (and Dad, Big Bro and Big Sis)

1 comment: