cherished canvas

cherished canvas

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

She Comes in THREE Weeks


It's not that we're in denial.  Okay, well, maybe we are a tad bit.  But three weeks...THREE WEEKS!!!!  I'm not quite sure where nine months has gone.  Our little darling will enter the world to a lot of love.  Two adoring siblings are already in love, and we can't wait to hold and cherish her.
The nursery...well, it'll get there (after our major renovations my handy hubby is doing all over the house).  
The car seat is still in the box.
The stroller will get put together.  
And, everything else we need...we'll get there too! 
And for someone who is a planner, it all feels paradoxically peaceful.
The hospital bag is packed, so if she comes tonight we'll be ready.
I find myself relishing in the moment with this pregnancy.  Every kick.  Every hiccup.  Every uncomfortable punch from her strong, delicate tiny arms.  She's a miracle growing and being revealed with each new God-given gracious gift of a day.  Maybe that's why in the midst of uncomfortable nights and hectic days three weeks seems so close, but I don't want to miss the present.  And as I look at my big kids, I'm reminded of how precious life is and how quickly each stage passes.  Living in the moment is so much better than wanting something to end (even if you know something good is going to begin).  My pregnancy will come to a close between now and the 28th, that's a given, and the new life as a family of five will begin.  We can't wait.  WE CAN'T WAIT!!!!  But for now, we anticipate her arrival yet cherish today.    

2 comments:

  1. Anika, hello, sweet friend! It has been so long! And I am so happy for you with another little one coming soon! Many blessings upon you and the family as you welcome her! - Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fiona! So wonderful hearing from you. Blessings upon your family as well.

    ReplyDelete