cherished canvas

cherished canvas

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

"DON'T CRY BECAUSE IT'S OVER, SMILE BECAUSE IT HAPPENED." -DR. SEUSS


THREE DAYS AND COUNTING...

In this time of preparation for the journey that is ahead of us, moments and time have been spent reflecting on the past nearly two decades in this land that we have called home, and I'm reminded of Dr. Seuss' words.  My eyes stick on the two letter word: IT.  What is the IT that has happened?
The IT is:
Transformation.
Perseverance.
Growth.
Joy.
Love.
Grace.
Friendships.
Community.

 IT will go with us.  IT will remain.  IT will always be a part of who we are, and for that I am eternally grateful.

The juxtaposition of tears and smiles are inevitable as the time has arrived to say goodbye, but there are two smiles for each tear that falls.  Grateful.  Blessed.  Beyond measure.  Beyond counting.  Beyond anything we could imagine.  

Only God knows what the future will hold, but I do know that for the present unspeakable joy escapes from my pores as I think about the past.  I soak in the warmth of the memories (and the 80 degree early-March day), and I feel joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment