cherished canvas

cherished canvas

Friday, May 31, 2013

When Good Things End

First Day of School Last Year
Summer break begins! The last day of school brings the yearbook of memories, and a sense of joy and a tinge of sadness. As I hugged each of my children's teachers, I was overwhelmed with gratitude for this year and for who they have been to my children.  For my eldest, he needed the joy of learning reignited in him, and there's a full flame!  For my little bud, she needed to gain the confidence of a flower on a bright summer's day, and she's blooming!   
I'm aware that much of life is what you make of it, but it seems this year we were handed a present at the beginning, and with each passing day we were able to peel away the wrapping to find the innumerable gifts inside. 
And for the next school year...we'll see what life brings, but we live in the present, so I will take today and open the gifts that reside in my four walls, and I will pause frequently, all the time, to look out the windows to see the blessings all around.  And I'll be grateful for those outside my four walls who care enough to come alongside my children and influence them in positive, life-changing ways.  They are too numerous to count, and I am overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment