cherished canvas

cherished canvas

Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Art of Releasing

In art, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Most art, to be honest, I don't get.  But each piece has a story, and often in the story lies the value, the understanding, and the beauty.  Therein lies the power of art, the artist.  There's a form of art that is part of life that requires courage; that's the art of releasing.

 On the eve of Kaylee entering Kindergarten, a first in the line of many future releases as her mom, and on the day after finding out Grandpa passed away, the last release of loved ones this side of Heaven, my heart struggles with the art of it, yet my mind embraces this as part of the way life works.

One one side of my easel is a compartmentalized picture of this as part of life, thankful for the journey and the memories and knowing this is how we grow, learn and deepen.  The hues are pastel with sunlight shining down.  On the other side are scattered lines, darker with an artist that seems bewildered and processing.  The pastel side is a complete picture; it makes sense.  The artist has a peace that is portrayed in the artwork.  The other side is full of struggles, trying to swallow one of life's difficult blows.

So, I stand, looking at both, contemplating both and putting the paintbrush down, trusting the Creator for His perfection despite not understanding.  I release my little one to Kindergarten, to learn to grow and to thrive.  I release Grandpa to Heaven where he is whole, but sad for the hole in our hearts until we meet again.

And I stand there, processing the art in front of me.

Written on August 7, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment